Head of IT Infrastructure - Global FSI
Updated: May 16
Follow us at www.linkedin.com/company/japanhire-tokyo/
IT Infrastructure Group enables the Company's business strategies through the delivery of world-class technology and infrastructure services, including data centers, telecommunication networks, DevOps, Cloud and hosting, service management and end user technologies.
This role provides project, program, and portfolio management and delivery capability to help execute against local, regional and global strategy in Asia.
1. Responsible for implementation of infrastructure technology services solutions for Japan. This includes ensuring the solutions are delivered with a focus on scope, quality and timeliness, maintain the overall detailed delivery schedule, critical path and report on risks and issues in a regular manner.
2. Lead, motivate and develop the delivery team members and collaborate with other teams on joint initiatives.
3. Monitor progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
4. Communicate proactively with all involved (local and regional) personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
5. Arranged where appropriate and necessary daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
6. Responsible for managing the cross functional teams in Japan and ensure alignment back up to the initiative level. This includes business & technical teams (Business Analysts, Architects, Delivery Teams) and also across the Company organization
7. Ensure that transition to BAU is completed at the regional / country level to determine a clear roadmap for functionality is delivered in line with the end state vision for the country
8. Adhere to the Company Project Management framework and be able to adopt to different delivery methodologies
9. Establish appropriate governance, portfolio and ensuring services are delivered through agreed service level agreement/objectives
10. Responsible for managing the cross functional teams at a country and regional level to d level and regional and ensure alignment back up to the Project level. This includes business & technical teams (Business Analysts, Architects, Delivery Teams) and also across the Company organization
11. Represent country / regional, communicate, understand and drive priorities in Japan
Experience and Qualifications
• University graduate in Information Technology/System Engineering, Business Administration or closely related field with minimum 15 years solid experience in leading IT infrastructure teams
• Holder of Professional Certificate ITIL, PMP and/or Prince2 would be an advantage
• Solid experience in vendor management, project management and IT organization transformation
• Sound knowledge on DevOps, IT infrastructure, IT security, network and voice, email and collaboration,
End user technologies and service management
Core Competencies and Skills
• Sound knowledge and proficiency in project management tools, techniques, and systems development methodologies and lifecycles, including Agile.
• Strong written and verbal communication (Japanese and English) skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including C-suite.
• Must have proven experience in identifying project risks and issues and making effective decisions/engaging project team members to develop risk mitigation/avoidance plans.
• Comfortable dealing with third-party vendors.
• Ability to foster and build relationships, engage and influence others, work with diverse internal, regional/global business units and regional/global network providers/outsourcers.
• Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity.
• Preferably experience in the financial sector / banking / insurance / digital tool development
• Preferably be involved in regional delivery with application and infrastructure, devop teams in the past
1. Strong capability to work with senior management team
2. With know-how on latest enterprise IT infrastructure and technologies
3. Strong negotiation skills
4. Communication at all levels